Tellington TTouch Training
What is Tellington TTouch Training
Tellington TTouch Training is a kind and respectful way of working with all animal species to help them overcome a variety of issues, and help develop a strong, positive, trusting bond between the animals and their owners. It is widely used around the world in pet behaviour counselling, dog training, horse riding, dog and cat rescue shelters, veterinary practices, physiotherapy, competitive canine and equine sports.
It was developed over 40 years ago by Linda Tellington-Jones who recognised the inextricable link between posture, behaviour and emotion. It uses simple and effective bodywork techniques, groundwork leading exercises (where appropriate), and specific equipment to ease tension and help promote a feeling of calm and well-being. This helps animals develop self-carriage, self-confidence, self-control and enables them to learn more effectively.
TTouch has been effective in helping with:
- Noise sensitivity (fireworks, thunder, gun shots)
- Dislike of contact (handling, grooming)
- Nervousness (lack of confidence, separation issues, socialisation problems, aggression)
- Travelling problems (sickness, vocalisation, excessive salivation, reluctance to get into vehicle)
- Lack of balance or concentration (pulling, training difficulties, stiffness/discomfort)
- Hyperactivity/Restlessness (excitability, inability to settle or stand still)
Please note: Tellington TTouch Training is not a replacement for appropriate veterinary care and should never be used as such. If you suspect your animal has a medical or physical condition you should contact your vet immediately!
For more information on booking a one-to-one session, a place on a workshop or if you would like to host a workshop for Companion Animals or Equines, please contact us here.