In 2020, I am celebrating working professionally with animals for 40 years and 21 years of specialising in Companion Animal Behaviour and Training. My aim is to prevent behavioural problems occurring, to solve existing problems, and to help owners and their animals work as a team.
I started my career as a veterinary nurse and my first job after qualifying was as Head Nurse at a Veterinary Hospital in Windsor. I have since worked in several practices around the UK including being Head Nurse at a large veterinary surgery in Emsworth. During this time, I qualified as a Lecturer and taught Animal Care and Welfare courses at colleges in Portsmouth and Durham, and also qualified in Applied Animal Behaviour and Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling at the University of Southampton.
I work with dogs, horses, cats and other animals. As well as being a Registered Veterinary Nurse and Lecturer, I am a Tellington TTouch Training practitioner for companion animals and equines, an ACE associate tutor, a Full Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (Jo Churlish 00878), a KC examiner for all levels of the Good Citizen Dog Scheme, and a Scentwork Instructor with the UK College of Scent Dogs.
I provide a professional, personal and caring service using an holistic approach to behaviour and training, and am passionate about building a happy, healthy and fun-loving bond between pets and their owners. I continually keep up to date with all training and behaviour advances through Professional Development courses and am always looking for new ways to make pet ownership more enjoyable!
My current qualifications:
- Above degree level in Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling (Post Graduate Cert CABC)
- Qualified to degree level in Applied Animal Behaviour (CAAB)
- Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN)
- Qualified Lecturer - Certificate in Education (CertEd)
- Tellington TTouch Training Practitioner for all Companion Animals (P2)
- Tellington TTouch Training Practitioner for Equines (P1)
- Animal Centred Education (ACE) Associate Tutor
- Full Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (Jo Churlish MAPDT no.00878)
- Scent Instructor with the UK College of Scent Dogs
- Kennel Club Listed for the KC Good Citizen Dog Scheme awards
- Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Approved Examiner (Bronze, Silver & Gold Awards)
- Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC) Registered Animal Training Instructor
- Member of the British Veterinary Nursing Association (MBVNA)